Decker Barbeque Adventure!!!

 Decker Barbeque Adventure!

All the raves about Korean & Japanese barbeques nowadays but what about the good old American style barbeques? We talking about beef briskets, pork ribs, pulled pork instead of the usual pork belly & pork collar; cornbread & mash instead of kimchi & chawanmushi.

Decker is one of the few authentic American style barbeques in Singapore that uses only wood to smoke their cuts. As stated on their website "We proudly own the only A.N. Bewley smoker in Asia, and cook just like pitmasters do in Texas. We cook using wood only: no gas, no electric, no cheating." This really entices me as I love the natural smokiness that the wood gives the meat!

Decker is also located near the Singapore river in the lush & relaxing Robertson quay area. Around it are other fancy restaurants, chill bars, and even my go-to coffee spot- Common Man Coffee Roasters.

A short walk along the riverside from Fort Canning MRT, I waited to be seated but the restaurant was fully booked initially but somehow the kind waitress manages to have my friends and me seated much to my delight as I almost gave up hope on feasting on some American bbq. As there were three of us, we decided to go for the "Decker feast for three" as it really seems worth the price. It was $90 for 4 choices of meat and 4 sides. After pondering which meats and sides to go for, we decided to get the Wagyu Beef Brisket (+$4), Pulled pork, Spare Ribs & Chopped Beef for the meats and Cornbread, Potato Salad, Mac & Cheese and fries. 


Shortly after, the food came on a platter with all our food on it; meat & sides inclusive. What I was most excited about was actually the cornbread as I really love cornbread since I first tried it at Kenny Rodgers. 

Thus, that was my first bite of the entire platter, and I've got to say it didn't disappoint me at all. It was perhaps even better than what Kenny Rodgers has. It even got me tempted to buy it as a take-away.

Next up, I proceeded to dig into the meats, the pulled pork & Chopped beef is well sauced up & super tender! The pork ribs are also perfectly cooked & the meat just practically falls off the bone (a sign of a well-cooked rib) & the Beef brisket which I thought would be a bit tough was also super tender and easy to chew! The sides were all also pretty good as there was nothing bad to say about them.

The bottom line is this a really good American bbq place as they take their food really seriously and that they do not take any shortcuts in them. You could come here for a good barbeque lunch then head over to Common Man for a good cup of coffee to wash it all down, cuz that is exactly what I did after I had Deckers!


Decker Barbeque
Address: 60 Robertson quay The Quayside #01-17 Singapore 238252
Opening Hours: Tue-Fri: 5.30 - 10pm Sat, Sun, PH: 12 - 4pm, 5 -10pm
Telephone: 6635 8565

Comments