Lucid Adventure!!!

Lucid Adventure!

If I would ever open a cafe of my own, visually this cafe would come very close to what I had in mind. It has a minimalistic greyscale aesthetics to it and this is what made me wanna visit this cafe in the first place! I first came across this cafe from my friend's Instagram account when I can't help but admire the clean minimalist decor of the cafe.
It was located in a popular cafe hotspot, Jalan Besar; with the likes of The Refinery & Two Bakers nearby. A short walk from Bendemeer MRT, my friend and I chanced upon another cafe called Apartment Coffee who's decor reminds me of % Arabica. Apartment Coffee also looks really good but it was really crowded so that's an adventure for another time! 

When we reached Lucid, I was relieved that the wait wasn't that long but as soon as my friend and I queued, more people started arriving, and soon there was a snaking queue. After scanning our safe entry and using hand sanitizers (as it was still covid period) we entered and started pondering what to order.
We decided to get two coffees and a raspberry cake ($5) to go along with. My friend got a Strong White ($5) while I settle for a more subtle choice of Milky White ($5). Both are coffee served with milk & a layer of foam but I'm guessing the difference is the ratio of espresso & milk.
Our items came rather quickly, or maybe I was just too busy appreciating the peace & calm this minimalistic, grey-scale cafe was oozing. My friend and I notice that a small family with a child didn't have enough space with their table by the window, so we traded our seats with them as we had an extra chair with our table (and that social distancing measures were in place means we could not move the chairs) Glad that we could help that small family and I also manage to get a few pictures of our coffee & food with the grey wall as the background & I got a nice picture of my bucket hat I got by the window too!

LUCID
Address: 38 Hamilton Rd, Singapore 209208
Opening Hours: 11am- 7.30pm (Weekdays) 10am- 7.30pm (Weekends)

Comments

  1. Oh, seems like a nice place for tea, will jio my ex-colleague over when she go back to office :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice place for an afternoon tea! Hope you enjoy your time as much as me!

      Delete
  2. Looks dope. Hope to have a gf to bring here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment