Lola's Cafe Adventure!!!

Lola's Cafe Adventure!

Now that it's finally phase 2 of Singapore's circuit breaker, everything is pretty much back to normal except for the fact that everyone is still wearing a mask. The main difference for me is getting back the luxury of dining out! Having the joy of saying "having here please" is something that we all took for granted before the circuit breaker started a few months back. After many weeks of cooking at home and ordering Grab food, I could use some good food and even better company (of not more than 5). I decided to meet up with 4 of my other friends and catch up at one of my favorite cafes- Lola's Cafe.
We had booked a table at 12.30pm which is the perfect brunch time for me as I'm not a morning person at all. What I love about Lola's is that their menu is well-crafted and that they serve classics such as the traditional Beef burgers and Croissants but also more uncommon items like Miso Salmon and Crab Cakes. My friends and I ordered two Crab Cake Benedicts ($18 each), two Angus Beef Burgers ($18 each), and a Lola's Breakfast ($18). 

Just as I expected the food came looking wholesome and picture-perfect, but the real verdict is the taste. As my friends seldom have cafe food, I'm sure they have pretty high expectations of the food here. But I didn't have to worry as I know that Lola's always has great food as I had their food before plus they are always packed and is a very popular cafe.

I myself had the Crab cake benedict while my friends had the other dishes. As I had Crab cakes from other cafes before, I had pretty high expectations for this and they certainly do not disappoint me! Although the miso hollandaise sauce complemented the crab cake really well, I personally found that the crab taste was too strong and it would be quite "jelak" (sick of eating). Maybe a wedge of lemon would help cut the crabby taste and provide the dish with a more balance/refined taste.
The Angus beef burger was really good as the beef was well-seasoned and overall the burger was well put together. The caramelized onions were a good touch though it wouldn't hurt if it could stand out a little more. The buns were also well toasted and were a good combination of crunchy and fluffy.
The Lola's Breakfast was also very good and it was a well-balanced meal consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, sauteed mushrooms, and a slice of sourdough. The scrambled eggs had cheese on it and what is not to love about eggs & cheese. There's nothing to hate about bacon and the pork sausages were very meaty and juicy too.
Overall, the food had mostly positive comments from my friends and one of them said that he could eat another burger just because it was so good. Now moving on to the drinks, we had an Iced Strawberry Mint Green Tea ($5.70) and an Iced Passionfruit Mango Green Tea ($5.70).

I honestly thought about getting a nice coffee but I love iced fruit teas and as soon as I saw strawberry in the name, I'm set on getting it. I personally found the drinks to be the perfect companion for Singapore's hot weather as they are cold and refreshing. They are not too sweet and not too diluted, although I would prefer a stronger more prominent strawberry taste in the strawberry mint green tea.

All in all, Lola's still stands as one of the best cafes in the North-east area and is always worth a visit if you are in the area. A must-try here is the truffle fries as They have one of the best truffle fries in my opinion. Happy dining out everyone!

Lola's Cafe
Address: 5 Simon Road, Singapore 545893
Opening Hours: 10am- 10.30pm daily 
Phone: 6284 0349
Website: https://www.lolascafe.com.sg/

Comments

  1. The food looks nice, and ohh will definitely order truffle fries if I get to visit the restaurant:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in north-east area, Lola's Cafe is indeed a hidden gem next to Punggol Nasi Lemak. Have been a regular customer of their crab pasta and fish & chips, thanks for the reviews of their food, will try something new the next time I'm there.

    Dawn Chan
    www.dawnchansg.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup their food is all pretty solid! Won't hurt trying out the rest of their menu!

      Delete

Post a Comment