Bun Bo Nam Bo Adventure!!! (VIETNAM EDITION)

Bun Bo Nam Bo Adventure!

I must say I'm not a huge fan of the Vietnamese cuisine as the Vietnamese food in Singapore is either too expensive or it is just not good. That all changed when I started eating the local food in Hanoi, Vietnam. The food here in Hanoi is both affordable & super tasty; everything I ate from the Banh Mi to the chicken skewer was so good that  I must admit that I spent most of my money on the food itself while in Hanoi.
Bun Bo Nam Bo was one of my dinner places that my friends & I went to. This place was recommended by my friend's friends & it had really good reviews so why not we give it a shot.
The name of the shop is very interesting as it is actually describing itself as Bun means noodles. Bo means beef & Nam Bo means from the sphere of the south. Thus Bun Bo Nam Bo is essentially noodles and beef made in a southern Vietnamese style.
The menu has only two main dishes which are beef noodles salad (60k VND or $3.50 SGD) but it is more of a beef noodles soup instead & the stewed sweet herbal chicken soup (60k VND or $3.50 SGD). They have three side dishes which are the sour meatball (6k VND or $0.35 SGD), pork roll (6k VND or $0.35 SGD) & dumpling cake (5k VND or $0.29 SGD). My friends and I all took the beef noodles salad as that is the restaurant's speciality but we also ordered some sour meatballs & pork rolls to try.
When the noodles came, the smell of the broth is so aromatic that you know it's gonna be good. The broth is made of fish sauce, sugar, lemon and chilli and has deliciously light sweet and sour undertones. The sauce is topped with marinated beef, vegetables, noodles and crushed nuts. There were so many levels of flavours & the best thing is that they all complimented each other so well and still manage to make the beef shines through. This is truly one of the best Vietnamese food I've ever had in my entire life.
However, I wasn't that big of a fan when it comes to the side dishes. The sour meatballs were rolled pork laced with vinegar and it honestly tasted like spoilt luncheon meat to me. The fact that I dislike vinegar doesn't help but hey, for $0.35 SGD I would say is worth a try right?



Bún Bò Nam Bộ Bách Phương
Address: 67 Hàng Điếu, Cửa Đông, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Opening hours: 7.30am to 10.30pm daily

Comments